Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Card Photo

Every year I tell myself I will take the annual Christmas Card Photo in September or October so that when the Holiday rush hits I am not trying to put together a card at the last minute.  So it goes without saying that every year during the second week in December I am trying to convince my children to give me five minutes of their time and just smile nicely so I can take their photo.  In the background my supportive husband is saying, "Why don't you do this earlier in the fall?".  I don't have an answer to this question or an excuse.

If I had to make up an excuse, I would blame my children.  Taking their picture, though they are photogenic, is not easy.  They like to give their mom a hard time and do anything but smile nicely for the camera.




Personally, I love their antics and the pictures that result from them. Don't tell them that.  I think they showcase my son's patience and my daughter's sense of humor.

Of course, I had to create a scrapbook layout using these photos:


The layout design is this from the January 11th challenge at Lets Scrap.

Paper-Jingle CTMH (retired)
Lettering-Cricut Base Camp
Ornaments-Cricut Art Philosophy for CTMH

3 comments:

  1. Hey I know these goofy kiddos!
    Kim - I knew you'd follow through this year! You are so talented and this will be a great way for you to keep those creative juices flowing!
    What a nice gift for your family, your friends, and readers. It will be a gift that you give to yourself too!
    We will all learn from your creative spirit and be inspired by your creative eye!
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beautifully used this Let's Scrap sketch in a humorous layout and it is so fun! Love all the "trials" at getting the perfect Christmas card photo! You are quite the photographer, Kim! I'll bet you are lovin' your Cricut these days! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take on the sketch Kim, I'm so glad you have joined us over at Let's Scrap and look forward to seeing more of your pages. Just love the fun photos, in years to come this layout will bring smiles to who ever looks at it.

    ReplyDelete